A short, memorable, relevant domain name for your business is an essential component for success, especially for designers. Instead of using a boring .com domain — assuming it’s not already taken — you now have the option to stand out from the crowd with a .design domain extension.
Read on to learn why you need a .design domain and how to score the perfect domain name for free.
8 Reasons Why You Need a Free .design Domain
1. .design tells the world exactly who you are and what you do.
A .design domain name lets people know (especially your clients or future employers) what you do before they even arrive to your website. Your website or portfolio will speak for itself with a .design domain name.
2. .design helps you build your brand.
Making a name for your brand is the biggest milestone for any designer. You need to be known for your identity, something that clearly shows what you offer and what your services are. The best way to do that is to include your profession in the most fundamental level of your branding.
3. Top brands like Facebook, Dropbox, Spotify, Adobe, and more are already using .design.
Major companies have launched sites like indeed.design, kohler.design, and Cisco’s webex.design to show off their design departments and improve industry engagement and recruiting efforts.
4. .design looks amazing in your email address or on your business card.
Unlike .com or .net, a .design domain name reflects what you do as a designer and helps with your branding.
5. .design is the perfect home for your online portfolio.
Whether you’re an illustrator, decorator, architect, or web designer, a .design domain gives your portfolio a stamp of professionalism and quality.
6. .design makes your URL shorter, memorable, and more elegant.
Instead of janedoedesign.com, you can get janedoe.design. Old domain extensions like .com and .net are ubiquitous, but a .design domain is innovative and ahead-of-the-curve.
7. Lots of desirable .design domains are still available. But they’re going fast.
Most .design sites are individual portfolios and agency websites. However, the adoption by large companies is good reason to secure your domain before someone else does. Secure a brandable .design domain and grow your design business.
8. You can get one year FREE, plus free email hosting, SSL, and a site builder, when you register your .design domain with Porkbun!
Claim your .design domain name before it’s gone! See if your name is still available at the link below to get your first year for free!