It’s likely that ARK: Survival Evolved has at least caught your attention if you’re an avid gamer. For those who don’t know, it’s a game about surviving in a hostile environment filled with dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. It’s a top-rated game with a loyal following, and if you’re looking to get into the action yourself and you’re keen to see some of the fun community enhancements available for the game, you should become familiar with the process of adding mods to an ARK: Survival Evolved server.
Mods can do a lot to change the way that ARK is played. They can add new creatures, change the gameplay mechanics, or even make the game look different. There are a lot of different mods available, and choosing the right one for your server can be a tough decision. Luckily, we’re here to help. Here, in addition to providing some examples of some of the most well-liked mods available, we’ll demonstrate how to install mods to an ARK: Survival Evolved server.
Do ARK mods cost money?
Mods for ARK: Survival Evolved don’t cost a penny. Plenty of free options are available and can add a lot of content and gameplay changes to the game. However, if you’re looking for the absolute best mods money can buy, you’ll need to be prepared to spend a little cash. There are also a mix of official and unofficial DLCs for the game, including:
• The Center: This mod adds a new map to the game twice the size of The Island. It’s filled with new creatures, items, and features and is an incredibly popular server option.
• Primitive Plus: This paid mod completely changes how ARK is played. It simplifies the crafting system, changes how particular creatures behave, and more.
• Scorched Earth: This paid expansion pack adds a new desert-themed map and a host of new creatures and items to the game.
How to add mods to an ARK: Survival Evolved Server
The procedure of adding mods to your server is relatively easy. You must first locate the mod you wish to include in the Steam Workshop. Once you’ve found it, subscribe to it. It will download the mod files to your computer.
Next, open up your server’s control panel. Here, you’ll see a section labeled “Mods.” Select the ” Steam Workshop ” tab, and then click on the mod you want to add. It will automatically download and install the mod on your server. That’s all there is to it.
If you’re having trouble finding mods or are unsure which ones to add, search for “ARK mods” on Google, and you’ll find plenty of resources to help you out. However, to add mods to an ARK Survival Evolved Server, there are some requirements:
• A computer with Windows OS
• You will need to have administrator privileges on your computer
• You must have Steam installed and logged into an account that owns ARK: Survival Evolved.
• Your server must not be running to allow you to add mods.
If you don’t have higher-end hardware or a good internet connection, renting an ARK server from a hosting company may be better. They can handle all this for you and give you many more options and freedom when running your server.
If you don’t have a steam workshop installed, here is how to:
• On your computer, open up the Steam Client.
• In the upper left-hand corner, click on “Steam.”
• A drop-down menu will appear. Click on “Settings.”
• In the Settings window, click on the “Downloads” tab.
• Under “Content Libraries,” select “Ark Mods.”
• Click “OK” at the bottom of the window.
The Steam Workshop will download and install on your computer.
To stop your server, you can either use the control panel provided by your host or connect to your server via FTP and delete the “Shutdown” file. That’s all there is to it. Once your server is stopped, you can add any mods you want.
ARK: Survival Evolved is a popular game that has been around for a while. It’s no surprise that there are a lot of different mods.
Samples of popular modes
There are a ton of different mods available for ARK: Survival Evolved. Here are samples of the most popular:
• Ragnarok, from its official website, “Ragnarok is a free, official, non-canonical DLC expansion map for ARK: Survival Evolved.”
• Crystal isles; it has a “variety of biomes including deserts, jungles, and swamps.”
• The Center is a well-known mod that gives players a new map, as was already mentioned.
The most well-liked mods for ARK: Survival Evolved are not limited to these listed above.
Adding mods in single-player mode
To add mods to an ARK Server in single-player mode, you can:
• Use the Steam Workshop: go to the mod’s page and click “Subscribe.” The game will automatically download and install the files.
• Manually install: download the files from a site like CurseForge and place them in the “mods” folder. This folder is located in
• C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods (for Windows).
• Use an Ark Server API like the one from GameServerManagers.com, which can handle all of this for you and give you many more options and freedom when running your server.
• Use an Ark Mod Installer from CurseForge or Epic Games.
Benefits of added mods on an ARK Survival Evolved Server
Mods can add a lot to the game. They give you new things to do, like new places to explore. They can also make the game more challenging and help you learn more about it.
Mods can also be used to fix game bugs and add features that would otherwise not be available. You may increase the excitement of the game for you and your friends while also bringing in new players by adding mods to your server. Mods energize the game and can challenge your gameplay strategies.
Now that you just learned how it’s done, go ahead and install some mods to your ARK Survival Evolved server.