Graphic designing is a field that needs to be explored and promoted. Social Networking Sites are a strong and fast way of building a network, showcasing work and carve a niche for yourself as a pro graphic designer. So, if you want to establish yourself as a leading freelance graphic designer, then it’s time to use Instagram as a visual medium and flaunt your work. All you need to do is create a professional page and follow these simple steps:
– Create a professional Biography: Even though Shakespeare says, ‘What’s in the name?” But when it comes to the digital world, your biography is what you are and will decide your future. As a professional graphic designer, it is important to have a strong biography or introduction that relates and flaunts your work. The trick is to be short, crisp and intriguing.
– Create a theme for the posts: If you are planning to build a portfolio and attract potential clients via Instagram, then it is important to showcase your project. Now, Instagram being a visual medium, you can upload your best art and project. The best way is to introduce upcoming projects on Instagram and upload the posts related to the project, behind the scenes and curate content accordingly. Use advanced and authentic tools to make graphics which you can purchase online using vouchers and discounts.
– Set a specific time to post: Even though Instagram is the most popular social networking medium right now, but you might not be able to attract an audience. One of the strategies to attract and build an audience in the long run is by being active on IG and posting at a specific time daily. This will make the target audience loyal to you and they will wait for your post at the same time daily.
– Connect with professional communities: There are various communities on Instagram and leading company pages, where a graphic designer can comment, share portfolio and get in touch with them. If you want to get connected with leading brands, communities and attract visitors, then the best way is by using Hashtags and interacting on communities by liking and commenting posts. This will help you to build connections and promote yourself as a brand.
– Use Instagram Trends: Follow trends wisely for your promotion. Instagram stories, highlights, and IGTV are the trends that will attract traffic on your page and will work as your portfolio. Instagram stories are a perfect way to showcase new content every day and attract new visitors. It is also a nice way of keeping the profile active and up to date.
Also, you can connect your Instagram page with Facebook and Twitter page and promote your work on different social networking sites. All you need to do is set a small budget for social media promotions and the world is your limit. So, unleash your creativity now and let the world see your talent.