In the wake of the 21st century, nobody would have thought that by 2018 we will be able to create professional photography and videos on our phones. But, here we are, in the day and age of Instagram, Facebook and other social media we use to post pictures of us, our friends, beautiful places we have visited and food we have eaten. With the spread of social media and smartphones, however, the ability to edit photos and videos on the go spread as well. The thing is, you can find research papers for sale online but you definitely should not get a pre-made and pre-edited photography!
Whether we are using mobile editing for personal purposes, or even video marketing, making edits and fine-tuning has become a part of everyday life. Therefore, mastering the skills of mobile editing has never been more critical, and we are here to help. Let’s take a look at some ways you can make your photos and videos super cool and amazing.
Start With Adobe Lightroom And Photoshop
Even if you have never edited a photo in your life, these photo editing softwares will quickly become your mobile editing go-tos. The end results with these softwares are always amazing and extremely professional. Lightroom, for example, has an image cataloging system; this means that you have more control and flexibility when editing. It also allows viewing, organizing and editing a large number of digital images, according to Wikipedia. You can find various premium lightroom presets for landscapes and portraits that will make your photographs look much more professionally. This image manipulation system was created for Windows and macOS, but can be used as an app for Androids and iOS.
Adobe Photoshop, on the other hand, is a standard among mobile editors. Photoshop enables you to create unique, high-quality photos, illustrations, videos, and much more. So, if you are new to mobile editing and you want your digital content to look impressive, then turn to these reliable softwares.
Adopt Different Techniques
If you are using Photoshop to manipulate images, then make sure to experiment with several different editing techniques to create some stunning images. According to the Fstoppers article, these are the best editing techniques you can adopt:
– Flattening out the image in RAW; this is, basically, the foundation of editing. What you need to do is adjust color temperature, and exposure set the highlights slider between -30 and -80 and set the shadow slider between +30 and +80. This way, you will be able to flatten out the image.
– Use healing brush: use this brush to remove any inconsistencies on the skin, like pimples, or any distractions in the background. You can also use Frequency Separation to smooth out the skin.
– Learn how to shape the light to your liking by using dodging and burning tools in Photoshop
– Learn to tone using Color Balance, Levels, and Hue/Sat adjustments layers
– Use layer masks: this is extremely important if you don’t want the effects to affect the whole image, but rather certain areas.
– Use blending modes to change luminosity and saturation in the image
Lighting Is Critical
According to this Vtrep article, proper lighting can impact your smartphone camera immensely. By shooting videos, or photos in brightly lit areas, you can be sure to avoid any distracting shadows and grainy regions. Also, make sure to have a backup plan in case the lighting is constantly changing. For example, try working with back-lighting and white balance settings. Also, smartphones offer ‘touch focusing’ in case the camera is focusing on the wrong objects and areas in your videos and photos.
Take Advantage Of Amazing Apps
Regardless of whether you are using an Android or iOS smartphone, here are some essential apps if you want to improve your photography and videography:
– Snapseed: this is a professional-grade, photo editing app released by Google. The editing options in this app are endless; the app can help you alter a photo’s vignette, blur, and filters.
– VSCO: this is another image editing app that makes your photos look like a film; it includes numerous cinematic filters, professional-grade tools, and advanced camera controls.
– Afterlight: the developers of this app have described it as ‘the most powerful, full-featured photo editing experience on mobile.’ And the truth is, this app lived up to those fantastic words. The app includes filters, frames, RAW support and much more.
– Top Camera 2: this app adds a variety of camera enhancements and unique effects to an iOS device. It offers high-quality video recording options, high-dynamic range shooting, and smart file management.
– Adobe Premiere Clip: this app stands for one of the biggest names among video mobile editing apps. With this app, you can edit videos manually using a variety of tools, effects, and music. It will also allow you to create cool backgrounds and different textures of the objects in the video. Not to mention, it can be used on both Android and iOS smartphones.
– Pinnacle Studio: with this iOS app, you can be sure to turn your regular iPhone into a pro camera in a second. This app offers high-quality transitions, effects, and soundtracks. You can also use Pinnacle Studio’s desktop software if you want more of the professional-grade features.