Whether you are trying to sell your own house or that of someone else, you just cannot ignore the internet anymore. Not that everything related to the sale can be completed online, but it will definitely streamline the process if you keep the following tips in mind.
Build a Small Website
You don’t necessarily need to build an entire website unless you have enough houses to sell, but even just a page or two on a WordPress site is a good start. This is where listings posted on the agency websites will lead to and it always looks better when you have a dedicated page with a professional theme and pictures.
Make Sure the Photos are of Good Quality
There are people who photograph real estate property professionally, so feel free to hire one because that’s probably the best way to get the kind of photos that help to sell a house online. However, if you are more intent on taking the photos by yourself, here are a few points to keep in mind.
– Edit your photos with care, but don’t add dramatic effects
– Wide angle photos work best in real estate
– Prepare all the rooms before the shoot, but make it look a bit lived in
– Pay extra attention to making the bathroom look as good and clean as possible
– Highlight and photograph the best sections of each room
It may sound cliched, but honesty is not only a moral but also a legal obligation when it comes to real estate, although professional agents don’t always abide by those laws. That doesn’t mean you need to mention every little fault on the listing itself, but if there is something major that the potential customers need to know beforehand, it is best to make that clear in the listing or on the website to reduce time wastage for both parties. Also, do take care of any pending repairs or remodelling that needs to be done, before picturing the specific area of the house, and that brings us to our next point.
Do You Really Need a Contractor for the Remodeling and Repair?
The short answer to this question is yes, you do need a professional contractor to complete any kind of remodeling/repair work and especially when remodelling/repairing the bathroom or kitchen, provided you want it to be the best it can before the sale. This is not to say that people with decent DIY experience cannot handle the small jobs, but as far as serious renovations are concerned, you really do need a contractor. After all, this isn’t your home, but a business product that you are trying to sell. Click here to find the best bathroom contractors in Ontario, especially bathroom contractors in Toronto and choose the one that fits your requirements perfectly. Just in case you are not convinced, go through the following to understand why it’s important:
– It saves time, which is crucial in the real estate business
– Professionals have the resources to do it quick and fast
– You will be able to get exactly what you need or want
– Everything from tile installations and plumbing to adding new electrical lines will all be taken care of by the bathroom contractor
– It’s an investment as professionally remodeled bathrooms and kitchens increase the value of real estate